A list entitled “15 Things Black Girls Do on Facebook” has gone viral and there are certainly some things on the list that can be considered valid.
I wrote a post a while back putting one of my Facebook friends on blast and while I’m not doing that THIS time, there are definitely some people in my FB newsfeed that fit the description of a BGF.
That’s “Black Girl Facebooker”for those who don’t know. BTW – I just made that up.
Read the list below and share your views on the subject:
15 Things Black Girls Do on Facebook…
1. Invent middle names that declare their mantra of the moment such as Keisha blessedandbeautiful Johnson or T’Andrea OhSoClassssssy Washington.
“It’s sad how some people are SO PETTY and can’t mind their OWN BUSINESS. I’m gonna pra……y for them because they need Jesus.”
3. Transform into social media ministers by posting bible verses or just making up inspirational quotes.
“Men are like a box of Goobers. They seem sweet at first but they’re really just a bunch of nuts.”
(White girls, if you’re confused go to google or ask your black girlfriends what “Big Chop” means.)
7. Stalk ex boyfriends. This is commonly called “watching your back.”
8. Stalk current boyfriends. This is commonly called “research.”
10. Pretend to be in relationships with celebrities.
“Did you see my husband Kobe out there?” “About to watch my boo Idris in this new movie…”
or my personal favorite… “Listening to my baby daddy Big Boi’s new song.”
11. Ask for help with such life-changing decisions as “Should I cook Oodles of Noodles or Hamburger Helper for dinner?”
13. Provide play-by-play for every menial task on their to-do list:
“Today I have to go to the bank, then go do this laundry, and pick up some bobby pins from Walgreens…”
14. Announce they need a “new start” and therefore will be deleting dozens of Facebook friends.
15. Complain that they don’t understand “that Twitter thing” and will never EVER use it.
What Other Things Do “Black chicks” Do On Facebook?
And to be fair… CLICK HERE to read 15 Thing White Girls Do On Facebook.