Real music is back!! Monica aka Monica Brown played host to a private listening session for her upcoming CODE RED project and I had the pleasure of attending last night (August 27, 2015).
CODE RED, Mo’s eighth studio album, is scheduled for release September 18, 2015 but the songstress gave a few of Atlanta’s top tastemakers, media, and DJ’s a sneak peek of her project during the preview, held at Atlanta’s Patchwerk Recording Studio.
Monica says she named the album ‘CODE RED’ because R&B music today needs to be revitalized or ‘brought back to life. She explains her album title as follows:
When my first record dropped, I was only 13 years old. So now at 34, I look back at it and I can see how important it was for our generation.
So trying to reconnect to an entirely different generation of people, but with the same love and the same music. I look at it as a ‘re-introduction’.
Attendees included Mo’s husband, Shannon Brown, Polow Da Don, Young Jeezy, Kap-G and many more.
Check out photos from Monica’s ‘Code Red’ listening session below… Continue Reading…
- Courtside Flix: Monica, Polow, Jeezy & More at Lakers v. Hawks Game… [PHOTOS]
- Monica, Shannon Brown & #RHOA Demetria McKinney at Bronner Brothers LIVE After Dark…
- Club Shots: Fabolous, Monica, Shannon Brown & More at Compound… (PHOTOS)
- PHOTOS: Monica’s “New Life” Album Release Party ~ T.I., Jeezy, Polow, Jermaine Dupri & More Attend… [PHOTOS]
- Mary J. Blige Parties with Monica, Jeezy & More at Atlanta’s Luckie Lounge… [PHOTOS]
- On Blast! Jeezy, Jazze Pha & Polow Exposed for Unpaid Recording Debts…
- In Case You Missed It: SoSo Def 20th Anniversary Concert [VIDEO] + An “A-Town Fan” Review…
- Celebrity Kids: Young Jeezy Celebrates Daughter’s 1st Birthday… [PHOTOS]
- Ludacris Hosts Private Atlanta Screening of Fast & Furious 6… [PHOTOS]
- Flix ~ Celebs Courtside at Hawks v. Cavs (Game 3)
It’s official. Stevie J. and Joseline Hernandez of Love & Hip Hop Atlanta have secured their own spin-off show. (As if we didn’t see this one coming!)
The music producer and his ‘Puerto rican princess’ have officially moved to the west coast, where they have been shooting their new reality show for a little over a month now.
More details + photos below… Continue Reading…
- Club Shots: #LHHATL Stevie J. Joseline, Scrappy, Bambi, Premadonna & More Party at Privè… [PHOTOS]
- RECAP: Love & Hip Hop Atlanta S4, Ep15 ‘Doing Me’ + Aftershow ft. Yung Joc, Scrappy & Lil Fizz… [VIDEO]
- NEWSFLASH!! #LHHATL Stevie J. Indicted Over Million Dollar Child Support…
- #LHHATL RECAP: Love & Hip Hop Atlanta S4, Ep 6 ‘Face The Music’ + The After Party ft. Funky Dineva [FULL VIDEO]
- #LHHATL RECAP: Love & Hip Hop Atlanta S4, Ep17 – ‘I Do’ (Season Finale) [FULL VIDEO]…
- #LHHATL RECAP: Love & Hip Hop Atlanta S4, Ep14: ‘COUNTDOWN’ + The Afterparty ft. Lisa Wu, Bambi & Mama Dee [FULL VIDEO]
- WATCH THIS: Love & Hip Hop Atlanta 6+ Minute Super Trailer… [VIDEO]
- #LHHATL RECAP: Love & Hip Hop Atlanta S4, Ep16 ‘Bait & Switch’… [FULL VIDEO]
- WATCH: Love & Hip Hop Atlanta S4, E7 + The Afterparty ft. Rasheeda & Margeaux… [RECAP +FULL VIDEO]
- Vacation Pics: The Real Housewives Of Atlanta Party in The Philippines… [PHOTOS]
NEWSFLASH! The ‘stolen weave’ case against celebrity hairstylist/reality star Derek J. has officially been DISMISSED!
[READ: Derek J Faces Stolen Weave Lawsuit! Meet His Accuser… (PHOTOS)]
It was just a little over a month ago that Derek J. and his attorney in the case, Phaedra Parks of The Real Housewives of Atlanta, were in court facing the accusations of Benita Williams, a woman claiming that he’d ‘stole’ her weave right out of her head (click HERE if you missed that).
During their 1st court appearance (July 23), Derek refused to settle with the Plaintiff, who was seeking THOUSANDS of dollars in ‘damages’ and the case was subsequently rescheduled after Williams ‘fainted’ due to the stress (insert side-eye).
The parties appeared in court again yesterday (Aug 27) and Williams was no less dramatic than the first time. However, this time around the outcome was favorable to Derek J.
Exclusive details below… Continue Reading…
Bobbi Kristina Brown‘s fake husband, Nick Gordon, may have been banned from her funeral but that apparently can’t stop him visiting her gravesite.
While a multi-million dollar wrongful death lawsuit still looms over his head (click HERE if you missed that), the ‘grieving’ former partner of Whitney Houston’s daughter took the opportunity to pay his own respects to his lost love last week, as he remembered Brown in his own way by paying a visit to her grave.
[READ: Did Nick Gordon Kill Bobbi Kristina? D.A. Official Investigates Death as Homicide… ]
With red and pink roses in hand, and carrying a folder full of photos featuring himself, Bobbi Kristina and Whitney Houston, Gordon spent about an hour at Fairview Cemetery in Westfield, New Jersey, where both Brown and Houston were laid to rest and shed a few tears for the paparazzi.
While his visit seems like a noble gesture, it’s being reported that Nick copped a check for about $40,000 for his time.
Details + photos below… Continue Reading…
Rapper Trinidad James hit the net recently with an Instagram post aimed at the women of the world.
The artist, known for poppin’ mollies and sweatin’ in his song ‘All Gold Everything,’ provided a few heartfelt words of wisdom online yesterday after seeing a few too many naked Instagram THOTS.
While James clearly appreciates the free peep show from all the chicks on Instagram ‘straight flexing,’ he encourages those same women to develop talents outside of taking it all off, stating:
If you can get yo booty right, then you can get ya character right. Plain and Simple.
Read Trinidad’s full post below: Continue Reading…
Kandi Burruss-Tucker of The Real Housewives of Atlanta is absolutely glowing as she and her husband Todd show off her expanding waistline.
[FLASHBACK: Exclusive One on One w/Kandi Burruss: Spin-Offs, Nene Beef & More (VIDEO)]
Kandi premiered her baby bump earlier today as she posted several shots online and appears to be around 5 months into her pregnancy.
The successful ‘housewife’ reportedly conceived after going through a series of IVF treatments, and is looking forward to the arrival of ‘Baby Tucker.’ Word on the curb is that Kandi is hoping for a boy, but she has yet to reveal the gender of her upcoming bundle of joy.
Check out more photos below… Continue Reading…