UGK rapper Pimp C?s death was the result of an overdose that was triggered by a large consumption of codeine medication combined with a pre-existing sleep condition. According to the autopsy report, Pimp C had prescription promethazine/codeine in his system when he died. Initial reports at the time of his death suggested the rapper had over-the-counter codeine in his possession. Pimp C also suffered from sleep apnea, which causes blockage of the airways during sleep. He had prescription medication in him when he passed away, and the levels were elevated but not real high, so it wasn?t an overdose from [the codeine], but we think it was a result of taking the cough medication with his sleeping problems.
?Atlanta’s Hip Hop community?reeling?over the unexpected?death of UGK’s Pimp C.?? Rashan Ali of Atlanta radio station Hot 107.9’s “The A-Team” spoke this morning about her efforts to honor UGK at their annual?Dirty Awards. DJ. Drama gave UGK credit for paving the way for southern artists and while Andre 3000’s rep said he had no comment, Big Boi issued the following comment:
First and foremost my prayers go out to Pimp C?s family and Bun B. He was a dear friend and colleague, one of the most honorable men in the game. He will definitely be missed, but his legacy will live on through the music of UGK and Bun B.? (Source)
UGK?will not be the same without the voice of Pimp C.
Pimp C of UGK (aka Chad Butler) was found dead in an L.A. hotel earlier today.?? There were no signs of foul play and no evidence of drug use.???All signs point to natural causes but he was only 33 years old.?
To a mainstream audience, Pimp C was best known for UGK’s cameo on the Jay-Z hit “Big Pimpin’,” and for “Free Pimp C” T-shirts and shout-outs, ubiquitous in rap several years ago while he was jailed on gun charges. On Tuesday, his MySpace page had been changed to read: “C the Pimp is FREE at last.”?(Source)