Online news footage has often sparked our interests in personalities like Antoine ‘Hide Yo Kids’ Dodson, the ‘piece of burger’ dude and Donna Goudou (the POP Hold it Down! chick), but this time, it’s Michelle Dobyne, who has gone viral after her bright outlook after an Oklahoma apartment fire hit the net (January 11, 2016).
More than a hundred residents were left without power Sunday evening when a fire broke out at the Casa Linda Apartment complex in Oklahoma. The fire destroyed the electrical panels that serve the entire apartment complex but residents seemed to take it all in stride, having made it out safely without any injuries.
Dobyne’s witness account of the incident was captured by a Tulsa news station and her hilarious account of the incident is now making the rounds online.
More details + video footage below…
The fire burned the storage unit right under Centoria Lee’s apartment.
“I heard some noise, but I thought it was somebody drillin’. I seen smoke, so I just wrapped my baby up and went out the door and went to my friend’s house,” Lee said.
She and her 9-month-old daughter lost some of their clothes, baby toys, and the baby’s crib in the fire. But they have an entire apartment complex full of neighbors and friends cheering them up.
Like Michelle Dobyne, who found humor in the whole situation and had our entire newsroom laughing.
VIDEO: Casa Linda Apartments Interview (Michelle Dobyne)
“Aw, man, the building is on fire,” Dobyne said. “I said ‘no, what?’ I got my three kids and we bounced out. Nuh-uh, we ain’t gon be in no fire. Not today.”
The news station reports that Dobyne’s positive attitude was no exception, stating ‘everyone we spoke to at Casa Linda was in smiles despite their situation — even those who don’t have anywhere else to go’.
Property manager David Bryan says the cheerfulness is pretty typical of the residents there.
“They’re already all taking care of each other, so,” he said with a laugh.
Since they won’t have power or heat for several days, maybe longer, the Red Cross opened a shelter for the residents at the Southern Hills Baptist Church. And despite the luck, they’ve all found a way to be grateful.
“I can’t cook, I can’t eat, I can’t get warm. But I still got breath,” Edward Robinson said.
The property manager said there will be armed security guards on the property until the power comes back on.
What do you think of this latest viral video sensation??