Meet Edward Richardson, 41, of Staffordshire England. Richardson was just convicted of murdering his wife last year after she changed her FACEBOOK marital status to single:
“Richardson became enraged when Sarah changed her marital status on Facebook to single and decided to go and see her as she was not responding to his messages. He gained entry by breaking the front door window and made his way into the property.
Once inside he found Sarah in her bedroom and subjected her to a frenzied and brutal attack with a knife and then attempted to take his own life. (Source)
This fruitcake has since been sentenced to life with a minimum of 17 years in prison but that still doesn’t make up for the fact that this was a totally senseless crime. I’m still amazed at the amount of people who actually PAY ATTENTION to peoples relationship statuses on Facebook.? Hell…mine used to change with my mood too until I just decided to leave it at “complicated”… Life is crazy and the internet is the DEVIL. 😯
See all those workers in the background above? Well apparently they’re still waiting for a check! It’s been reported that super-producer Tyler Perry has accumulated at least 6 liens combined on his personal home and mega movie studio. The Atlanta-based producer is accused of amounting unpaid bills from the two projects that total slightly less than $200,000 and says the costs are “ridiculously unfair” and amount to extortion.
The contractors allege Perry refused to pay their final bills either for no apparent reason or because their work met with his arbitrary disapproval. They say he ordered work redone on impulse, deciding he wouldn?t like the stones purchased for an outdoor fountain, for instance, or deeming newly planted trees too short. ?He wanted to do it his way,? said Brooks Hilton, a landscaping contractor who said Perry owes him $17,635. ?He wouldn?t take any advice. I guess in Hollywood it works that way, but not in real life.?
Perry, though, said he withheld payment only for shoddy work or for undocumented charges and then only for a handful of the dozens of construction companies he hired. Even those, he said, still got paid hundreds of thousands of dollars each before he dismissed them. He sees the contractors? complaints as a form of extortion and as part of the burden of celebrity. ?There?s a Tyler Perry tax that?s put on things,?
Ex-BART (Bay Area Rapid Transit) officer Johannes Mehserle was finally arrested Tuesday on a fugitive warrant charging homicide. Mehserle is accused of murder in the fatal shooting death of Oscar Grant, III. The incident was captured on video by several witnesses on the train and has since created a public outcry for justice.
Mehserle, 27, was taken into custody in Douglas County, Nevada at about 7 p.m. (10 p.m. ET), Sgt. Dan Coverly of Douglas County Sheriff’s Office told CNN affiliate KGO-TV in San Francisco.
Mehserle resigned from his job as a BART police officer days after the shooting. The transit agency’s police force and Alameda County District Attorney Tom Orloff are investigating the incident.
Grant, a 22-year-old father, was killed on New Year’s Day in a crowded BART train station. Police had been called to the Fruitvale station after passengers complained about fights on a train and took Grant and several other people off the train once they arrived.
Videos from witnesses show Mehserle shooting Grant in the back as another BART officer kneeled on the man. The shooting spawned public outrage and a string of protests that led to more than a hundred riot-related arrests.
Police have not said whether Grant had been involved in the fight.
Referring to Mehserle’s arrest, BART said, “This comes after the BART Police Department conducted a thorough investigation that involved nine detectives, which BART Police turned over to District Attorney Thomas Orloff on Monday, Jan. 12.”
Leads led investigators to Mehserle in Zephyr Cove, Nevada. Contacted through his attorney, Mehserle surrendered. He was taken into custody at 6:20 p.m. PT without incident.
Jail staff report that Mehserle has cooperated and is in a segregated area and on a precautionary health and welfare watch. (Source)
Singer R. Kelly has been released from the balls and chains of marriage and is free to surf the net for minors mingle with the single chicks!? Most of us are way to old for the former R&B superstar, but hey…maybe he’s changed his ways.? At any rate, for those of you who care….Kelz is back on the market. 😕
The couple, who had been married for 11 years, have two daughters and a son together. “The parties have reached an amicable resolution concerning all issues related to their marriage, and will share joint custody of their three children,” their Chicago-based lawyers said in a joint statement. “The details of this agreement will remain confidential and the family requests that their privacy be respected during this time.”
Despite this “amicable” split, in the fall of 2005, Andrea Kelly, a former backup dancer for the Chicago-based R&B star, went to court to obtain an emergency restraining order against the singer, claiming physical abuse, harassment, stalking and interfering with her personal liberty. She wrote in her petition that she didn’t want any contact with Kelly “at all, by any means.” At the time, Andrea had moved out of the home the couple shared, and R. Kelly released a statement saying, “My wife and I had a heated argument, and we are now in the process of working it out.” The protection order was later rescinded.
The initial split came less than a year after Kelly saw charges dropped against him in Florida for having sex with an underage girl, but amid a long-running court case in Chicago in which Kelly was accused of child pornography based on a widely-distributed videotapethat allegedly showed the singer having sex with an under age girl. He was acquitted of those charges last year.
Kelly was also briefly married to then 15-year-old singer Aaliyah for five months, but that marriage was reportedly annulled in February 1995.
A peaceful demonstration turned into a riot Wednesday night in Oakland, California. Protestors, angry about the shooting, smashed businesses and set fires in downtown Oakland, and confronted Oakland Mayor Ron Dellums on the steps of city hall…all while yelling “No Justice No Peace.”
I posted earlier this week about the BART police officer who fatally shot an unarmed man on the subway January 1, 2009.? Well, Oscar Grant, III has now been laid to rest and many are in fear of police retaliation based on the video of the murder coming out. The BART Transit Police officer who shot the the young man, Johannes Mehserle, 27, has quit the force this amidst community outrage and has also received death threats.? He has also refused questioning by the police internal review board investigating his shooting of 22-year-old Oscar Grant but police officials claim that the officer meant to use his taser and NOT his gun…(yeah right!)
At least 105 people were arrested for a variety of offenses Wednesday night. Police said charges for those arrested included assault on a police officer, looting, vandalism and arson. Some of those detained were found to have drugs, which added another count to the charges.
Angry about the New Year’s Day shooting by a BART police officer, protesters smashed businesses and set fires in downtown Oakland, and confronted Oakland Mayor Ron Dellums on the steps of city hall.
Oakland police beefed up their prescence on the streets Thursday morning, with officers in riot gear patrolling the streets as they anticipated more protests. Businesses downtown were cleaning up, dealing with the aftermath of smashed windows and cars.