Kanye West hit up Jay Leno and offered yet another apology for the stunt he pulled on Taylor Swift during the 2009 MTV Video Music Awards (Click Here to watch). I don’t know about you, but I’m feeling a bit of Kanye overload right now. But since I’m all for the people, I thought I’d share this transcript and video of Kanye’s 3rd apology on Jay Leno. (Apology #1, Apology #2)
JAY LENO: Have a seat, my friend. First of all, let me say thank you for honoring this commitment. A lot of times, people — They kind of back out at the last minute, or they have a publicist or someone call and say, “Oh, I’m sorry, my client’s not available.” So thank you for coming and doing this, in light of all the things that have been going on.
Tell me about your day. Have you had a tough day today?
KANYE WEST: Yeah, it’s been extremely difficult. I just — just dealing with the fact that I hurt someone or took anything away, you know, from a talented artist or from anyone, because I only wanted to help people. My entire life, I’ve only wanted to give and do something that I felt was right. And I immediately knew in the situation that it was wrong, and it wasn’t a spectacle or just — you know, it’s actually someone’s emotions, you know, that I stepped on. And it was very — it was just — it was rude, period. And, you know, I’d like to be able to apologize to her in person. And I wanted to –
JAY LENO: So when did you know you were wrong? Was it afterwards? as you were doing it? When did it strike you, “Uh-oh”?
- Video Premiere ~ “Run This Town” ~ Jay-Z ft. Rihanna & Kanye West (Full Verson)
- MTV VMAs 2009 ~ Beyonce Steps Back to let Taylor Swift Shine
- The “A” Pod ~ Rappers Turnt Sangers, ATLiens, Married Men, White Boys & Corrections Officers
- Grammy Awards 2009 ~ My Favorite Performance = “Swagger Like Us”
- Video ~ “Paranoid” ~ Kanye West (Starring Rihanna)
- The “A” List: Halos, Chefs, Legal Issues, Previews, Nipples, Bow Ties & Power Couples
- Preview ~ Kanye’s West’s “Alligator Boots” (Comedy Central)
- The “A” List ~ Booty Juice, Cologne, Unconventional Marriages & Narcissism
- Kanye West Performing “Big Brother” from Graduation CD
- Video ~ Kanye on Conan