I think it’s safe to say that 2015 has been the worst year ever for Bill Cosby.
The embattled comedian posed for the mugshot above earlier today (December 30, 2015) as he faces the first criminal charge against him after a series of rape accusations that began mounting last year.
Earlier today, the Montgomery County District Attorney’s Office announced it had filed an aggravated indecent assault charge against Cosby stemming from an alleged 2004 incident involving an ex-Temple University employee.
Cosby appeared in a suburban Philadelphia courtroom and was ordered to surrender his passport after posting 10 percent in cash of a $1 million bond.
More details + photos below…
He stumbled slightly after exiting an SUV and was aided in his steps by two people. Cosby appeared upset but was speechless as he entered and later exited the building.
VIDEO: SPECIAL REPORT Bill Cosby charged with sexually assaulting a woman more than a decade ago
“Upon examination of all of the evidence, today we are able to seek justice on behalf of Mr. Cosby’s victim,” Montgomery County District Attorney-elect Kevin Steele said at an initial news conference announcing the charge.
Andrea Constand, the former Temple University employee, told police Cosby drugged and violated her at his home in Cheltenham Township, near Philadelphia, in January 2004. She was identified in the affidavit of probable cause against Cosby.
Read the affidavit of probable cause HERE.
[FLASHBACK: Rumor Control: Raven-Symone Never Accused Bill Cosby of Sexual Assault? ]
The 78-year-old “Cosby Show” star previously said under oath that he had consensual sexual contact with Constand. But a former district attorney declined to charge Cosby in 2005.
The following year, Constand settled a civil lawsuit against Cosby on confidential terms.
Montgomery County prosecutors had until a January 2016 deadline to file criminal charges against Cosby because of the 12-year statute of limitations for felony sex assault.
More women came forward last year to claim the married comedian drugged and raped them or touched them inappropriately in past decades. The over 40 accusers have included aspiring actresses and supermodels Beverly Johnson and Janice Dickinson.
A preliminary hearing is set for Jan. 14, 2015.
If found guilty on the sexual assault charge, a second-degree felony, the once-beloved TV father figure faces up to 10 years in prison and would have to register as a sex offender.
Meanwhile… several murderous cops are getting off scott free. *sigh* Irony is so ironic.
What do you think of Cosby’s latest legal issues?