NEWSFLASH!! Your favorite scented candle could be as harmful as smoking a cigerette!
It seems like everyday we find out about everyday things that can kill us and now doctors are claiming that the toxic soot emitted from burning those scented candles that we love so much, could be harmful to your health.
According to WSB-TV:
A Missouri doctor has a warning for anyone who’s about to light up. Their next candle that is.
Andrew Sledd, a pediatrician with a specialty in Enviromental Toxicology, told KFVS12 that one hour of scented candle burning can be the equivalent of smoking a single cigarette.
Soot from candles can also pose a real threat to our respiratory systems, he said. The contents of which are made of zinc, tin and lead and spread easily from candles due to no filter.
Wax workers have nothing to worry about however, the doctor said, nor do fans of soy and beeswax candles, according to the EPA.
One user said the news was enough for him to abandon candles.
Wow… I dunno about giving up my scented candles. I’ve been using soy lately tho to be on the safe side.
What do you think about this recent ‘revelation’?
Will you be giving up scented candles for your health?