Judge Joe Brown, who made a name for himself during his run on syndicated TV, posed for the mugshot above after turning himself in to serve a contempt of court charge in Memphis, TN.
The situation all started March of last year, when Brown vigorously defended a woman in child support case, who he felt was being treated unfairly.
Judge Joe Brown is currently in custody to serve 5 days for a ‘contempt of court’ charge stemming from the incident.
More details about Judge Joe Brown’s latest legal predicament below…
According to Brown’s press release:
The Emmy nominee/former Shelby County Prosecutor and Criminal Court Judge surrendered himself into custody on Contempt of Court Charges, after standing up to the juvenile courts for forcing a woman to pay 7 years of child support payments for a child that was not hers.
Following Judge Joe Brown’s efforts the case was dismissed for no merit.
The TV Judge also issued the following statement to the media:
I will not apologize for vigorously defending my client and demanding that the court follow the law. What I saw was a miscarriage of justice and I did what needed to be done.
I will serve the time and I will continue stand up for the rights of the people and speak out for justice as I have done throughout my 40-year legal career.
When our courts don’t follow the rule of law, justice is in jeopardy for everyone. Thank you to all of my supporters. Your prayers and well wishes are appreciated.
When asked by CNN news for any ‘last words’ prior to serving his sentence, Brown stated ‘Black Lives Matter’.
VIDEO: Judge Joe Brown Turns Himself in To Serve Contempt Charge
More info from Brown’s press release:
– Judge Joe Brown turned himself to the Memphis Police Dept. yesterday at 12 pm CST.
– The night before, He stayed at home by himself and cooked a Fillet Mignon Steak (rare) with a salad and a glass of red wine.
– Judge Joe Brown is in a single person cell.
– He has requested to have no special treatment while serving his sentence.
– The people are outraged at the sentence and are lashing out online in support of Judge Joe Brown.
– The Black Lives Matter Organization wants to protest outside for his release.
– Judge Joe Brown is even more now excited about his new day-time courtroom series and deal.
Welp… at least he got a new show outta the deal.