Love & Hip Hop Atlanta aired the premiere episode of it’s 3rd season last night and most of you have been anxiously awaiting it’s return.
[FLASHBACK: LHHATL Supertrailer Reveals New Cast Members… ]
Yes ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls… the ratchet-ness of LHHATL is back on air and judging from the first episode, it’s bound to be more explosive than ever.
Watch the full video below + check out Funky Dineva’s video recap…
Rodney Ho of the AJC also summed the episode up perfectly, noting 5 of LHHATL’s plot points:
1) Stevie J and Joseline are… married? They didn’t have a big wedding. They did a quickie City Hall deal in July, Joseline said. They now live in some monster “White House” with more rooms than either one needs. The opening scene shows them in marital bliss. But bliss is short-lived because Joseline is rather sensitive. When Mimi Faust hears they are hitched, she is skeptical so her friends Erica Dixon and Ariane go to a Stevie J/Joseline party to find out. Their obnoxious interrogation doesn’t sit well with Mimi, who storms out. Later, she complains about the situation to Stevie J, who thinks she’s making much ado about not much. So he goes to the “bunker” downstairs.
2) Rasheeda and Kirk Frost are back together… sort of. Rasheeda had her baby Carter during the off season. She had kicked Kirk out last year for his transgressions. But she brought him back in to help raise her son, though they are not romantically involved. M&M, who has five other kids, also doesn’t get along with Rasheeda’s mom. Yawn. Kirk is one tedious human being.
3) Sex tape time! Nikko and Mimi reunited and they are in non-marital bliss. They even like making sex tapes. Then there’s the dubious story that Nikko’s bags were stolen and as a result, a sex tape was “leaked” to mediatakeout.com. But the video looks too professional to just be made on the fly. So this whole story sounds dubious. She does cry on demand when she “finds out,” though. Impressive! (Ryan Cameron on V-103 was deeply skeptical on Tuesday morning before Nikko and Mimi and even stuck around after 10 a.m. to keep talking to them. He even offered a charity boxing event with Stevie J.)
4) Waka Flocka Flame shows up. The Atlanta hip-hop star and his beau Tammy Rivera have been engaged for seven months. They are introduced to the audience as new cast members and while he has not been consistently faithful, he makes a vow to be loyal going forward. Better yet, Tammy and Waka’s mom get along.
5) Scrappy dates a Bambi. Scrappy is out of rehab and out of Erica’s life. So he’s dating a girl named Bambi who loves him. But he doesn’t love her. Or at least he’s not there yet (and probably will never be). Momma Dee warns Bambi that he always keeps extra eggs in his basket. She gets (rightfully) paranoid.
The first episode lacked any major fights but clearly, the season has just begun!