Young jeezy and Ellerbee

Young Jeezy’s Best Friend Sues For Half His Earnings!! *COURT DOCS* + Watch ‘Hustlerz Ambition’ Documentary [FULL VIDEO]

Aug 24th 2012 | Written by ATLien

Jay Jenkins aka Young Jeezy has some s’planin to do according to his former bff Demetrius “Kinky B” Ellerbee.

Ellerbee, who appeared alongside Jeezy in his Hustlerz Ambition documentary,  filed a lawsuit in Fulton County Superior Court last week claiming that Jeezy cheated him out of royalties and other monies he was due during their business relationship.

The complaint states that Jeezy, who was recently named Senior VP or A&R of Atlantic Records,  “intentionally misappropriated, diverted and/or converted funds” intended for CTE, asking Def Jam to send royalties and distributions directly to him.

As proof, Ellerbee notes in legal documents that prior to the release of Jeezy’s second album, “The Inspiration,” his former BFF Jenkins cheated him out of his portion of a $1 million advance by having it transferred directly to his personal account.

Messy!

Additional details regarding the lawsuit + watch the Hustlerz Ambition Documentary below…Ellerbee claims in legal documents that he and Jeezy agreed to be equal partners in the music industry several years ago.

Jeezy and Ellerbee both appear in the Hustlerz Ambition documentary released last year, which details Jeezy’s rise to hip-hop fame.

VIDEO: Hustlerz Ambition Documentary (FULL)

CourthouseNewsService details the bulk of the lawsuit, stating:

The two “became best friends” in youth boot camp in 1995, when Jenkins was 17, and they created Young Gunz Entertainment together a few years later, according to the complaint.

Ellerbee says he was CEO of Young Gunz, and he and Jenkins tried to sign artists to the label, but the venture fell apart around 2002.

He claims he and Jenkins formed another business, Corporate Thugz Entertainment aka CTE Music, in 2001, and continued to try to sign new rappers.

CTE began focusing on Jenkins’ solo career, and he gained national exposure after CTE released two mixtapes, according to the complaint.

“In response to defendant Jenkins’ recent notoriety as a solo artist, major music recording labels began showing interest in signing defendant CTE and defendant Jenkins to a production and/or recording agreement,” the complaint states.

Courted by Atlantic, Warner Bros. and Def Jam, “plaintiff and defendant Jenkins finalized and executed, on behalf of defendant CTE,” a six-album contract with Def Jam, according to the complaint.

Def Jam, defendant, released Jeezy’s album “Let’s Get It: Thug Motivation 101” in 2005, which sold more than 2 million copies. Ellerbee, as Kinky B, was listed as an executive producer, according to the complaint.

Ellerbee claims CTE has produced and released three more albums, on all of which he was executive producers.

But since Jeezy’s launch to stardom, Ellerbee says, Jenkins has “intentionally misappropriated, diverted and/or converted funds” meant for CTE.

On one occasion, Jenkins had a $1 million advance transferred into his personal account, and asked Def Jam to send royalties and distributions directly to him, according to the complaint.

Ellerbee claims Jenkins, Def Jam, CTE, and Universal Music Group owe him at least $5 million.

He seeks declaratory judgment stating that he is an equal owner of CTE and is entitled to half of all royalties, advances, and distributions.

He also seeks an accounting and damages and punitive damages for breach of contract, conversion, fraudulent misrepresentation, RICO violations, and unjust enrichment.

Mario Breedlove, Ellerbee’s attorney issued the following statement on behalf of his client to ABCNews:

“We believe the facts of the lawsuit speak for themselves, and Mr. Ellerbee is hopeful that this matter can be resolved among the parties swiftly and amicably.”

Jeezy’s attorney did not return a request from ABC News seeking comment, and neither did Universal Music Group, which owns Def Jam.

Ellerbee is listed as the executive producer of many of Jenkins’ albums, for which he “oversaw and managed … production,” including “negotiating and executing producer agreements and communicating directly with defendant Def Jam regarding album promotions and deadlines,” according to the court filing.

These two were really close friends and it’s sad how money can come between lifelong friendships.

What do you think of these scandalous accusations against Jay Jenkins?

1. Nacole says:

They look good together,Don't they?

• Mela says:

I'm sure that Dude was "Jealous" of my Boo. You can't trust anyone but "God" these days.

• JENNY JONES!!! says:

WOW KINKY IS TRIPPING B/C JEEZY SCREWED HIM OVER CAUSE HIS HOUSE TO GO INTO FORECLOSURE & HIM GOING FROM BENTLEYS TO A CAMARO BUT HE HAD NO PROBLEM HELPING HIM(JEEZY) SCREW THEIR ARTIST AND EMPLOYEES OUT OF THEIR MONIES. WHICH IS WHY CTE HAS BEEN CLOSED DOWN FOR ALMOST 2 YRS AND YOU NEVER SAW ALBUMS COME OUT FOR THEIR ARTIST. THEY EVEN GOT ALEX (OWNER OF CLUB REIGN, VELVET ROOM)IN ON IT AT TIMES. I WONDER IF JEEZY'S CREW WILL TRY TO JUMP ON/THREATEN KINKY &/OR HIS MAMA LIKE THEY DID EVERYONE ELSE THAT BROUGHT A LAWSUIT AGAINT HIM. EITHER WAY KARMA IS A BEY-OTCH!!!! KINKY IS GETTING HIS NOW AND JEEZY WILL SOONER OR LATER GET HIS. JEEZY BETTER CHILL B/C IN THIS RECESSION WE KEEP SEEING PEOPLE SNAP ABOUT THEIR PAPER. SAD BUT TRUE…….JENNY JONES!!!

• JENNY JONES!!! says:

AND WHY DIDN'T KINKY'S & JEEZY'S MAMAS DO A BETTER JOB AT SHAPING THEIR HEADS WHEN THEY WERE BABIES? LOL!!!!…….JENNY JONES!!!

• l says:

Jenny ,I am LMBO!SMH @ Kinky and Jeezy.Two earringsmean?

• Kamalla says:

LMBO dang Jenny you go hard! I love it all!

CTFU @ "shaping their heads when they were babies" and "from bentleys to cammaros"

You a mess! Continue! :)

2. NewMeKnowYou says:

"monies he was due during their business relationship" sounds like somebody didn't pay their booty tab.

3. the instigator says:

negro just mad he still rockin a 90s champion sweatshirt with jeezy's first chain on! yeeeaah…

4. td says:

Money IS NOT the root of all evil. God has no issue with money or wealth. Many biblical chracters were extremely wealthy, blessed by God.

It is the LOVE OF money that is the root of all evil. As a result, it is not the substance, but the love of it that causes societal ills.

• Kenya T. says:

Preach!!!

• D.A. says:

True, we have to remember that money is actually neutral, how we use it depends on our outcome.

• Kamalla says:

Yes TD you are correct but how you gonna acquire and spend money without loving it?

Its hard NOT to love money because of what money can do. I know I feel much better if my bank account is full. Is that sinful? Maybe.
      #shrugsshoulders

I got to be sure not to look at a 100 dollar bill and say "my precious".

5. Anthony says:

Off topic….

Why is Jeezy always sporting that "Zolander" pout in all his pictures? Is he auditioning for M.A.C? Seriously though…

6. Esme says:

Why did he wait this long to say something? He had to have been getting paid some kind of way it 2012. He messing wit Jezzy tho, hmm. He really is stupid.

• Sophie says:

I was just about to say that myself. It's 2012 and even if you just found out, what were you paid all this time. I think he just discovered not all his so calle money was coming to him. But key word is partner. Jeezy had the sleepiness nights and constant rigor of stardom. This fool ain't did shit. Boy bye and watch the courts throw this out wth all the rest of the cases like this where people try to sue stars for their stardom. Remember that dude that tried to sue last gaga for her name?

It may be true he named her gaga. Everyone has someone that helped. Where he f'd up was waiting up she blew (years later) to say hey pay me for your work an my name. Fuck outta here.

• BEYANDJAYALLDAY says:

You are a idiot if you think this man did nothing. Yes Jeezy was in the studio recording, doing shows etc. etc., but somebody had to make sure he got that studio time, booked those shows, received the deals to ensure his financial security. It seems that somebody was Mr. Ellerbee.

Why do you think the record label execs make all of the money?? Because they are the ones that get you notariety dumb ass!!!!

• TYE73 says:

I so agree with you. Jody Breeze tried to tell everyone that Jeezy was foul. I believe he did just what his friend is claiming. If you notice in the beginning he used to shout "Kinky B" on justa about all of his songs but know he doesn't. He foul and I hope Mr. Ellerbee get everything he deserves.

7. Keya says:

Kink was not entitled to the signing bonus because the deal was not for the purpose of putting out CTE albums, but for the artist Young Jezzy. Kink is mostly owed some dough, but not the signing bonus nor 50% of all monies generated from album sales.

8. Kimi-choco says:

"close friends" huh? Well I read that "Hiding In Hip Hop" book and it opened my eyes to how these "thugz" get down, so even though I may be way off base, I'm gonna go ahead and point out Exhibit A: that the dude calls himself "Kinky B" , Exhibit B: That that there picture of him below there in that suit seems more than a lil sweet to me…and Exhibit C: this little tantrum he's throwing at this late stage in the game…I dunno – I'm more inclined to think that there was a break up of some sort and somebody stopped getting the checks that keep him living like a kept (wo)man. I know, I know, assuming the worst of others. I need to work on myself. I blame Terrance Dean and his book.

9. Elle Michelle says:

It's easy to say woulda coulda shoulda; but this seems like a classic case of ignorance… (I don't mean that in a bad way, sometime people just don't know what they don't know) seems they both got into business not knowing much about how to handle business and now that old boy has learned better, he wants the benefit of that knowledge retrospectively. i think they both did what they knew to do at the time and there were no ill intentions. This is all speculation of course because I dont' know these people. It's my experience that people who are good at a craft are not good at business and this sounds like one of those situations… I hope it all works out amicably and they can move forward with the lessons learned for future endeavors.

10. MelloYelloMD says:

I wonder if Kink will still "throw a 100 grand in (his) casket"??? (Bury Me a G – TM102)

11. AlWell says:

LMAO! @ the 100K in the casket. Pour out a lil liquor.

12. Kamalla says:

Off topic.

Was Jeezy the one that Keyshia Cole was dating B.I.D and he kicked her out of his house after he was cheating on her and said he didn't want to get married?

13. Well i new em both from the west side of Macon GA jeezy is foul n has always ben he messed up tha group young gunz he had he switched up on the people that got him started then he started saying he was from the A not true got my home boy pokie loc killed by Gucci man did mail man G boo and tone capone wrong did Macon ga hawkinsville GA and eastman GA the hole middle Ga wrong if it was not for us holding dat nigga down from tha bottom he would not b @ the top but some people 4 get where they come from