Drake SFTA-7

Drake Plans To Finish High School This Summer + Honors Aaliyah With New Tattoo… [PHOTOS]

Aug 10th 2012 | Written by ATLien

Who knew  Aubrey “Drake ” Graham never finished high school?

Like many entertainment industry teens, Aubrey “Drake ” Graham spent the bulk of his youth establishing his name in the game.

The Canadian star dropped out of Toronto’s Forest Hill Collegiate Institute as a teen after landing a role on the TV show “Degrassi: The Next Generation.”

Now that he’s conquered Hip Hop, he’s finally going to take some time to finish what he started.

This summer, following his OVO Festival, Drake says he intends to graduate from high school!!

Details + photos below…

Drake recently explained to NOWToronto how he’s going to spend the rest of his summer completing his high school credit.

“I’m actually spending my summer graduating high school,” he told Now Toronto.

“That’s my main focus after OVO Fest. I only have one credit left, and I’m really excited about that.”

Before he hits the books, the Young Money rapper will throw his annual OVO Festival this Sunday (August 5th). He explained that he wanted to create something special for his hometown, which artists often pass over during tours.

“I just wanted to create a special night for the city. When I grew up, I always used to hear how we never get anything good coming through Toronto,” he said.

“We actually do get some great things in Toronto compared to many other places, but it’s true that sometimes you might not see your favourite hip-hop artist for a full year, or even two. Sometimes we do get skipped over here.”

And speaking of Toronto, Drake recently got inked up in honor of his hometown as well as his Aaliyah obsession.

Chile… I guess… 😯

The Toronto-born rapper recently inked the numbers 416 (the Canadian city’s area code) onto his right side. The 4 is only partly filled in so it also looks like a 1 — referencing Aaliyah’s birthday of January 16.

[Sidebar: I wonder what JD did about that “Virgin” Janet tattoo he got in the same place… ]

Anywhoo… it’s great that Drake has decided to finish up High School. Hell… if Fantasia can do it, I know he can!

1. tinkie says:

Well he could of honored her by not including diss statements on the track or using the N word. There is no honor to her legacy when you add things that you know she would not approve up.

2. Dwight Hunter via Facebook says:

Well…now I know why all his raps sound like nursery rhymes. Some people will want to give him props for this. I say your dumb azz should have been getting all the education you could afford, which judging from all the bling, you should be a Rhodes scholar. Anything less is worse than uncivilized. It’s downright ignorant.

3. stlchick says:

I don't see the appeal in Drake, with his rapping or his looks. He put me in the mind of a young Al B Sure, in the sense that all my friends used to think he was fine; never did a thing for me. They have the same nose and funny looking eye brows. Turn me off.

4. Loving This Site says:

Why didnt he get his diploma while on the show? Plenty of other child actors have tutors so they could get a GED. Does he know he can just take the test?

5. Fe says:

I find his obsession with Aaliyah kinda disturbing…

6. MissLady says:

Well damn, I'll say it since nobody else has. Congratulations on getting you GED Drake. MANY people runnin round here dont have one or a diploma so its good to know that you still care about your education even though you have plenty of cash.

As far as the Aaliyah is concerned… :yawn:

7. It's her business says:

I could have sworn I heard him say in a rap song that he was accepted to Harvard or something like that, but decided on rap instead. Is he still running from Chris Brown?

8. Ohreally says:

What is up with all of these entertainers not finishing high school?

9. YouSayWhat says:

What is his obsession with Aaliyah. He is so annoying to me

10. Brittany says:

Congrats to Drake for wanting that accomplishment, with all the money most artists would not care… just a thought

11. deedee_404 says:

Am I the only one that is concerned that while his mother seems to play an integral part in his life she couldn't get him to finish HIgh school when he should have?