Chris Tucker Miami Heat v Boston Celtics Game StraightFromTheA

Quick Quotes: Ice Cube Admits “Last Friday” is Really About Chris Tucker…

Jun 11th 2012 | Written by ATLien

Everyone is anxiously anticipating comedian Chris Tucker‘s return to the big screen beside Ice Cube in the “Final Friday” sequel.

The movie, which reportedly will be the 4th and final installment of the popular hood flick, will feature all of the original cast members. Fans are especially excited about the prospect of seeing Tucker return to the role that started his rise to fame.

[READ: Spotted: Craig & Smokey 2012! Chris Tucker Returns For Friday 4 Sequel – PHOTOS]

In an exclusive interview with Global Grind, Ice Cube was asked about Chris Tucker’s involvement in the film.

Cube admits that while there’s no solid agreement for Tucker to appear in the film yet, he’s still trying but with or without him… it’s going to happen.

Here’s what Cube had to say about Chris…

When asked if Tucker was actually back on board, Cube replies:

I hope so. I got a part written in for him. It’s really about Chris. I’m not going to beg him to be in the movie, but I’m going to ask him…twice. (laughs) And hopefully he’ll do it.

We’re trying to make a deal. That’s what the fans want. I want to give the fans what they want, but with or without Chris, we’re going to make you laugh.

It’s a funny movie. It’s a lot of funny, new characters that pop in, mixed with a lot of the characters that we’ve known over the three movies. It’s crazy and it’s back to the basics. (source)

Can “Final Friday” truly be “Friday” without Chris Tucker?

1. Terri Woolridge says:

Not at all it would be great to see the older verison of Smoker, Craig and Janet Jackson aka "Freddie Jackson!! he should really think about doing it.

2. 2bme says:

If Chris doesn't stop acting so hollywood..do you know how much money this would make???

3. Tasha says:

Forget Chris Tucker. Ice Cube asked him because he knows he need the money and was trying to help him out. I bet Cube wouldn't have to ask Mike Epps twice.

4. customcalendars4u2 says:

Everybody's in they're forty's now so what is the story line about? Maybe that was Chris Tuckers concern from the beginning being type cast. He's not the same individual he doesn't like to curse anymore and he's interested in mainstream roles.
    Now I don't know what he's been doing in Hollywood lately,but I haven't seen him on the Big Screen in a long while and he seems to be more of a Socialite now. When Ice Cube made "Next Friday" of course everybody really wanted Smokey back, but now I could care less everybody's lives and careers have changed so much and honestly I hate change,but who can stop it? Seems to me like this movie would have to be about everybody's offspring which would just be another Bey,Bey's Kids…

5. Truth says:

Cant wait!! I loved all the Friday movies, some funnier than others but loved them all.

6. uguess says:

Lets do this Chris I just want to see your fine
    ;-)ss make me laugh.

7. Deedee_404 says:

Since he is a different person now, the script could reflect that . Smokey may not be a pothead anymore, maybe you make the movie revolve around the change while maintaining the comedy. If you have good writers this should not be an issue. Hope Chris Tucker agrees. He hasn't been in a movie in a minute

8. He TOTALLY needs to get on board! The film would be AMAZING!!! The film series would definitely go out with a bang if we had a lot of the original Friday's characters! We shall see though…

9. 2loseweight says:

We have to acknowledge that age brings change in some people. Chris Tucker may not be interested in playing this character any more.

10. !!!!! says:

i cant wait 2 c it!!!!

11. Angeleyez07 says:

From what I've heard Chris needs the money bad. He better be happy SOMEBODY is looking for him to be a part of a film. Nobody else is checking for him. If he doesn't jump off that high horse he will end up being Smokey in real life. A pot smoking, hustling SCRUB!

12. Wonderful website. Lots of useful information here. I'm sending it to several buddies ans additionally sharing in delicious. And certainly, thanks for your effort!