I suspect that The Real Housewives of Atlanta had a lot to do with ATL being granted the title, but being as though Dwight Eubanks, Lawrence Washington & Derek J are featured less and less on the show, it looks like we’ve manage to slowly tumble down on the list.
The Advocate recently named this year’s “Gayest City,” and while Atlanta no longer resides at the number one spot, we still happen to fall in the top 10.
So what city ranked GAYEST for 2011?? Was it Miami? San Francisco? New York?
Check out the rankings below…
15. Denver, CO–for its laid-back, gay-friendly attitude
14. Long Beach, CA–for its impressive Pride celebrations
13. Austin, TX–for its numerous festivals and cultural diversity
12. Portland, OR–for its “hipster, hyper-literate” vibe
11. Little Rock, AR–for its many gay-friendly churches
10. Grand Rapids, MI–for best country line-dancing in the Midwest
9. Atlanta, GA–for its notable black gay clubs
8. Knoxville, TN–for its LGBT teen support groups
7. St. Paul & Minneapolis, MN–for its dynamic gay biz community
6. Ann Arbor, MI–for its lesbian night clubs
5. Seattle, WA–for Dan Savage and casual hookups
4. Ft. Lauderdale, FL–for its proximity to Miami
3. Cambridge, MA–for?nation?s first African-American lesbian mayor
2. Orlando, FL–for Gay Days at Disney World
1. Salt Lake City, UT–for its “most-improved” gay status